Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Appalachian Aspirations

Appalachian Aspiration

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu



So it is that I begin this journey, a journey of preparing to realize a dream.  It is time to take the first step toward making a simple daydream a reality, time to embark on a quest of which I have so far journeyed only vicariously in the lives of all sojourners who have meticulously chronicled their adventures and misadventures in books and trail logs. Now it is time to step out in faith, to take that first step beyond dreaming of the day I would have both the time and stamina to attempt a thru-hike. So many unanswered questions, so many skills yet to master, but the trail is calling. It is time to take that first step forward.  God waits in His glorious cathedral of the outdoors.  May I prove worthy to accept His invitation?